Make Kilauea Volcano and Volcanoes National Park your destination, and stay past sunset on this fully narrated adventure from Waikoloa/Kohala that includes coffee and more.
- 12-Hour Custom Tours Hilo and Kona Departures
- Adult 13+ years old
- Child 12 and under
- Hourly Private Tours Hilo and Kona Departures
- 4 Hour Minimum Tour
- Additional Hour
Private Van Tours of the Big Island
This exclusive tour is designed to allow you the chance to customize your time and discover the most interesting sights in the comfort and privacy of your own vehicle. With your private van, and the personalized attention of your driver-guide, you will have the flexibility and independence to design your itinerary according to your own interests, and take in the sights at your own pace. See the famous sights, or go beyond to create your own intimate connections and unique cultural encounters. Private Touring is recommended for the single/solo traveler, couples, family, friends, and special interest groups traveling together. It can also be an excellent choice for guests with mobility limitations.
What to Bring
Video and/or still cameras, government-issued ID, and tour vouchers or method of payment.
What to Expect
Moderate air temperatures at sea level with cooler temperatures at higher elevations on the drive from Kona; occasional rain showers; possible walks across uneven, rocky terrain including black lava rock; red lava cannot be guaranteed on this tour; order of itinerary may change without notice; tour will run rain or shine.
What to Wear
Comfortable clothes, shorts are fine, jacket or sweater recommended, sunglasses and hat, comfortable closed-toe shoes are required (sandals and flip-flops or “slippahs” will not be accepted). Swimsuits, towels, and dry set of clothing needed if agreed upon itinerary includes swimming.
What We Include
Military-grade LED flashlights, umbrellas, walking sticks, camera tripod to share, mosquito repellent, sunblock, snacks and beverages (water, juice, soda) all day, all entrance fees and access to private locations.
- Guests should be able to negotiate stairs and complete walks according to the proposed itinerary.
- Volcanic emissions, including sulfur gas, may affect those with respiratory concerns.
- Participants should be prepared for immediate evacuation in accordance with directions given by County, State, and/or Federal officials.
All ages can be accommodated with the following restrictions:
- State law requires child safety seats for all guests under 4 years of age (we’re happy to supply seats at no charge with advance notice).
- Booster seats required for all guests between ages 4 and 7 and under 4 feet 9 inches tall and 80 pounds weight (we’re happy to supply seats at no charge with advance notice).
Guests under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.